- Translating 'soft' outputs into quantifiable economic outcomes.
- Economic analysis and program evaluation (including cost-benefit).
- Providing economic reports that get read and reframe policy debate.
- Reviewing other economic reports and reviews to check their validity.
Previous reports and submissions include:
- Unspoken Alternatives to Expensive Housing
- The First Interval: Evaluating the ACT Land Value Tax Transition
- Submission to Review of Petroleum Resource Rent Tax
- The Lion's Share: On the economics of trophy hunting
- The economics of Australia’s S2M visual arts sector
- Submission to Rocky Hill Coal Project proposal
- Infrastructure funding with land value capture
- Inquiry into affordable housing
- Inquiry into home ownership
If you are after thought-provoking insight and commentary on economic matters then consider me as a speaker for your next event. No topic is too controversial, and your thinking and perspectives are guaranteed to be challenged across a wide range of economic topics— from housing to superannuation, on the macroeconomics of trade international capital flows, to radical ideas like creating an Australian space agency or giving away free land.
Previous keynote speaking events include:
- 127th Annual Henry George Dinner. Prosper Australia
- Asia-Pacific Network for Housing Research. Griffith University
- Inaugural DBS Deans Seminar. Deakin Business School
- 2017 Queensland Landcare Awards.
- Accountability and The Law Conference 2017. Canberra
- Panelist: Inequality in Australia. Australian Conference of Economists.
- Housing Affordability Symposium. Sustainable Australia.
- Festival of Urbanism, University of Sydney.
Contact me at ckmurray [at] gmail [dot] com